It's been 3 weeks to the day since Max was hurt. We are hoping today is the day we make it to Rusk. Yesterday Max finally learned to talk around the larger tube. He doesn't like to talk that much because it makes things in his chest loosen up and it's harder to breathe.
His numbers all stayed good yesterday. Teri from Rusk came and talked with me yesterday about what he needed to go to Rusk. His oxygen needed to be down ~ it was at 55, so she went and talked with someone. The next thing we knew they came in and turned his oxygen down to 35 I believe. His nurse was going to wean him down but he did jut fine. He slept all night and only was suctioned twice. The nurse was going to show me how to suction his lungs, maybe today they will show me so I can help him at Rusk if I need to.
So now we wait, again. Praying that today is the day we have a change of scenery!