You just never know what the next day will bring. We worked on our board transfer this morning. I transferred Max from the bed to the chair and then from the chair to the bed. Well, the therapist showed me how to transfer from the chair to the bed. I wasn't exactly sure how to do it correctly so she showed me once more how it was done. A little bit later, the nurse came in so I could transfer him from the bed to the chair again & the nurse gave me an A+ It's a little bit harder for me to transfer him but it's a lot quicker than using the hoist and lift.
When Dr. Acuff came in this morning we talked about getting Max's feeding tube out. He should get it out this week. They will be able to do it here and we shouldn't have to go to the university.
Max mentioned to Dr. Acuff that he had a knot on his right forearm and Dr. Acuff said we should get it xrayed. When we went to have it done this afternoon, I had to stand behind the wall where the computer is. The technician was loading the done xray in the machine to make sure it turned out right and you could see the arm was broken......broken? How did they miss the broken arm? I realize it was probably the least of the pains at the time......I really don't know what they will do now. It will be interesting to see what the Dr. has to say in the morning.
This afternoon we had an appointment with the rental van people. They brought over a minivan for us to look at. I had told the representative that a mini van really wouldn't work but I was told that was all they had to rent. This van was nice looking, really new looking, but looked to be about 4 inches off the ground. We told the representative that I was afraid we would tear it up on our gravel road. After talking to him for a while, he realized that we were serious about our gravel road and said he might have a conversion van they could use as a rental. Hopefully they will be able to rent it to us. Even if we crawled down the gravel road it would be hard to not tear it up.
We did find out before we went out to look at the van that the Dr. & the therapist met and decided that we could stay another week. So instead of going home the 23 or 24th we will be going home the 30th of Sept or Oct 1.......depending on what they decide to do with Max's broken arm.
On the positive side, our flooring was delivered this afternoon and hopefully they will be able to get that installed before we come home. I've left messages about what we need for the ramp but I haven't heard from the contractor. I'm sure he'll get back to me when he can.
Ray put a few boards out for me and sent me a picture ~ I think it will look pretty good when it's done.
I have no clue right now what our schedule will look like tomorrow. If I have a chance I'll put it up.